Salesforce Marketing Cloud has some brilliant Einstein features that provide insights and data to inform the content and timing of your marketing activities. Using the powerful artificial intelligence features, businesses can understand their customers’ engagement and behavior so every interaction can be personalized.
All the Einstein capabilities can be broken up in different options:
- 1. Einstein Overview
- 2. Einstein Engagement Scoring
- 3. Einstein Messaging Insights
- 4. Einstein Send Time Optimization
- 5. Einstein Engagement Frequency
- 6. Einstein Copy Insights
- 7. Einstein Content Selection
- 8. Einstein Email Recommendations
- 9. Einstein Web Recommendations
1. Einstein Overview
This dashboard view for all Marketing Cloud Einstein capabilities. On the Einstein Summary page, you’ll find a tile with a summary of each feature, overview data, and direct links for Einstein features.
2. Einstein Engagement Scoring
Einstein Engagement Scoring feature helps you target customers to maximize engagement and conversions. It provides the marketers likelihood of a subscriber opening an email, converting, and staying subscribed to the emails.
Einstein Engagement Scoring provides a consolidated dashboard where users can assess subscriber engagement, including:
- • Predictive Insights
- • Subscriber Retention
- • Clicks and Opens
- • Use in Journeys
Engagement Scoring in Journey Builder
The use of Einstein Engagement Scoring and the Einstein Split activity in Journey Builder allows one to create highly personalized and data-driven customer journeys. By segmenting customers into personas based on engagement, you can deliver more relevant and engaging experiences, ultimately leading to improved customer satisfaction and campaign performance.
After you select the Persona Split, the segmentation will be based on the 4 Persona Types that are available. Customers follow the path based on their Persona. With this, you will be able to personalize the content and reach your customers through the right channel.
Email Persona Split
After you select the Persona Split, the split will be based on the 4 Persona Types that are available. Customers follow the path based on their Persona. With this, you will be able to personalize the content and reach your customers through the right channel.
3. Einstein Messaging Insights
Einstein Messaging Insights alerts you to any changes in your marketing performance. Einstein monitors the Open Rate, Click Rate, and Unsubscribe Rates of your email sends, including batch sends and journey sends.
• Intelligent Insights right in the Marketing Cloud
• Automated alerts ensure you never miss a change in subscriber engagement patterns
• Respond to performance changes proactively
4. Einstein Send Time Optimization
Einstein Send Time Optimization (STO) uses machine learning to determine the best time to send a message to your subscribers so that the message is most likely to be opened.
Using Einstein STO in Journey Builder
The Einstein STO Journey Builder activity sends an email to each subscriber at the time when that subscriber is most likely to open the message. The activity is available in Flow Controls in Journey Builder.
5. Einstein Engagement Frequency
Einstein Engagement Frequency is a feature within Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) that helps marketers optimize their email marketing campaigns by controlling the frequency of email sent to individual subscribers. It is designed to improve the overall subscriber experience, reduce email fatigue, and enhance email engagement rates.
Einstein Engagement Frequency Data Extensions
Salesforce Marketing Cloud uses data extensions to store and manage data related to your campaigns.
Einstein in SFMC uses two data extensions to store its optimized analysis :
– This data extension stores information about contacts who are yet to receive the optimum number of emails and need to be targeted for more relevant emails.
– This data extension stores information about contacts who have already received more than the optimal number of emails and should not be targeted except for highly specific emails.
6. Einstein Copy Insights
Einstein Copy Insights analyzes the content from your Email Subject Lines to reveal insights. Use these copy insights to craft subject lines that drive stronger email engagement.
Subject Line Analytics
Review best performing subject line language sorted by engagement rate or number of associated messages sent.
Einstein Copy Insights analyzes three factors for each subject line:
- Language factors such as originality and character count
- Emotional tone
- Phrases that spark engagement
7. Einstein content selection
Helps send personalized content that is personalized for each customer when they open your messages. This tool works in real-time, scanning content in your content pool available at the exact moment the subscriber views the email intelligently taking changes to attributes, others’ engagement, into consideration.
8. Einstein Email Recommendations
Einstein Email Recommendations deliver the next-best content or product by enabling us to observe customer behavior and build preference profiles. Email Recommendations are delivered as a pre-built image and link pairs are activated when a user opens the email.
How Einstein Recommendations work:
• Tracks the behavior using collect tracking code.
• Create affinities for individuals.
• Builds weighted affinity matrix.
• Returns Product or Content Recommendations.
• Recommendation returned for both known and unknown individuals.
• Sessions matching across multiple devices.
• Einstein recommendations configured at Business unit level.
9. Einstein Web Recommendations
Einstein Web Recommendations use Einstein’s capabilities to observe behavior, build preference profiles, and deliver the next-best personalized content to each website visitor.
Web Recommendations are delivered in two ways, via a JSON response or HTML/JS. The JSON response is the best practice delivery method unless their web team cannot work with JSON. The JSON method is the most flexible and allows their web team to style and utilize the recommendation data in any way. Because of the nature of the web recommendation and the JSON response, you are responsible for parsing and styling the recommendation within their web environment.
Using Einstein in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) offers a wide range of benefits and capabilities for marketers looking to enhance their marketing efforts through the power of artificial intelligence and data-driven insights.
Einstein in SFMC is a powerful tool for marketers to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time, resulting in improved customer engagement, higher conversion rates, and better marketing outcomes. It equips businesses with the tools to create more personalized, efficient, and data-driven marketing strategies, ultimately contributing to business growth and customer satisfaction.
To know more about the uses of Einstein in Salesforce, and make your marketing effortless and efficient, contact us!